Important facts about M-KOPA’s impact on job creation, in Kenya and around the world…
- As of July 2019, M-KOPA Kenya is the proud employer to over 650 talented staff, plus 2000 commission-based sales agents.
- We also employ 300 great people in Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria, UK and Hong Kong.
- Our global team includes over 15 different nationalities and we benefit from their rich diversity of professional and personal experience. We have international staff working in every one of our operating countries.
- Our global financial statements provide details of work permits expenses incurred across the group, in all our operating countries in 2017 and 2018. Although we are committed to global mobility, our work permit expenses across the group declined from 2017 to 2018.
- The company went through a tough – but necessary – process of restructuring at the end of 2017. That resulted in 185 redundancies across the globe, with less than half of those in Kenya. This is reflected in our group financial statements with overall payroll costs and work permit expenses falling from 2017 to 2018.
- This has put the company on the path to profitability and ensures that we can provide sustainable livelihoods and a diverse, world-class working environment for all our people – for decades to come.