Welcome to the M-KOPA Sales App. M-KOPA (“M-KOPA,” “We,” “Us” or “Our“) shall refer to M-KOPA Kenya Limited, M-KOPA Solar Tanzania Limited, M-KOPA Uganda Limited or any other M-KOPA Affiliate registered in any jurisdiction that the M-KOPA Sales App shall be used. The M-KOPA Sales App provides a platform for M-KOPA sales representatives to register new customers by collating information (defined in section 1 below) about potential and new customers.
1. INFORMATION M-KOPA COLLECTS
M-KOPA collects the following types of information collectively referred to as “Your Information”.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your name, mobile number and location (country) when you register as an agent with M-KOPA
- Your mobile number, log-in pin (A unique number provided to Users after registration with M-KOPA, which grants access to the M-KOPA Sales App) and location (country) when you sign in to the M-KOPA Sales App
- Name, product type and purchase potential score of prospective customers provided during customer registration
- Photo of customers’ national identification cards taken during customer registration
- M-KOPA works with companies that are not partners or affiliates of M-KOPA (“Third Parties”). M-KOPA uses monitored Third Party analytics tools of these Third Parties to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by any equipment used to download and use the M-KOPA sales app (“Device”) to assist us in improving the Service. M-KOPA collects and uses this analytics information with analytics information from Other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual.
Log file information:
- As Users utilize the M-KOPA Sales App, log file information will automatically be reported to M-KOPA on all activities on the M-KOPA Sales App. Log file information includes but is not limited to web request, referring pages, domain names, and other such information.
- Log file information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- While using your Device to access the Service, M-KOPA may access, collect, monitor, store on your Device, and/or remotely store one or more Device Identifiers. Device Identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device, which uniquely identify your Device. A Device Identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the Device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the M-KOPA Solar Sales App.
- A Device Identifier may deliver information to us or to a Third Party about how you use the Service and may help us provide reports. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. HOW M-KOPA USES YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access information after you sign in
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- automatically update the M-KOPA Sales App application on your Device
- diagnose technical errors on the M-KOPA Sales App
- improve safety and security
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
Parties with whom M-KOPA may share your information:
- M-KOPA may share Your Information with Third Party organizations (“Service Providers”) that help us provide the Service to you. Our Service Providers will be given access to Your Information only to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- M-KOPA may remove parts of Your Information that can identify you and share anonymized data with Third Parties. We may also combine Your Information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- M-KOPA may release your information when required by law, regulation, court order or other court proceedings.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
4. HOW WE STORE INFORMATION GATHERED
Storage and Processing:
- Information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in any country in which M-KOPA, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique PIN) to verify your identity before granting you access to the app
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique PIN and account information at all times.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, M-KOPA, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain your information and User Content for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US